125 Year Anniversary

Founded in the 1887 by T.P. Whelehan who was a community pharmacist, the business was passed onto his son, also a pharmacist, who, in the process of expansion, acquired a number of Sole Agency distribution agreements for the Irish market.

Initially located in Dublin's city centre, the business quickly outgrew the accommodation and a site in the northern suburb of Finglas was subsequently acquired in 1956.

In 1963 the Company acquired the Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Wholesaler, Boileau & Boyd Limited which was established in 1700.

In November 1987 Perrans Distributors Limited was acquired. Perrans is a specialist company in the Complementary Medicine/VMS and related sectors.

In 2001 the Group purchased a new state of the art 60,000 sq ft office and warehouse facility alongside the key Dublin orbital motorway, the M50. These premises are only a ten minute drive from Dublin Airport.

July 2004, the UniPhar Group aquired the Whelehan Group.

On 8th October 2010, the Whelehan Group was sold to Verbena Limited, a 100% Irish owned company. Verbena looks forward to working with our existing principals to strengthen the Whelehan Group business in delivering excellent service and value to our customers.

From February 2012 onwards, the logistics and invoicing of Whelehan Surgical products is being handled by Allphar Services. In order to further improve our service to our customers, Allphar Services has been selected by the Whelehan Group because of its track record in pharmaceutical and Medical device distribution.

 

© 2017 Whelehan Surgical,
  • Suite 12, Bunkilla Plaza, Bracetown Business Park, Clonee, Dublin 15, D15XC64, Republic of Ireland.
  • Phone: +353 1 806 8600
  • Fax: +353 1 834 2340
  • Email: info@tpwhelehan.ie

Search

Search - Use spaces to separate your keywords